Wednesday, April 18, 2012

6th grade orientation (holomua)

Can you believe that we just had orientation! Well I can’t. what I remember from last year, orientation is usually towards the end of the year I didn’t notice it till now! Because we just had it. Wow time does go by fast! Orientation is when us leadership kids get up on stage and explain to six graders that will be coming to ilima about “ilima” and about the things that we should know. Over all we had 2 after school practices and like a million other practices during homeroom and our class period. I would say I was ready and well prepared for whats coming for me. The first day we had orientation for six graders we had holomua by themselves because, well holomua is a big school. We started by rhea’s beautiful introduction to the six graders and what they might expect in ilima and making a connection with them then she called apon mr.lee then introduced the student body government people with the 8th grade class and the 7th grade class. After rhea was done talking it was megan’s turn, she was explaining about schedule pick up then was me. People asked me if I was nervous I said no, because we practiced it so many times and we’re already in the 4th quarter, if I was nervous then it shows that I didn’t learn anything this whole year. Well it was my turn I explained about my 3 dates and those dates were talking about when they come back and I also did my pretty girl rock dance too, I didn’t really see anyone laughing but I did see a teacher laughing and smiling but yeah I think I did good on my speech although I did mess up on some parts but its ok I can do better on the next one. The next person was shayna explaining about dues and fees which is very important for all of them, then Jolene, I herd her talk and I thought she sounded really good. Then was chachie, we were all waiting for the eagle thing that she does and shayna said that she did it so good job to her then after her was the tour, I was actually happy that we got to go outside because the room that we were standing in backstage was really small and like I could feel body heat. We took them on the tour, I did most of the talking, king was my partner I kindof regret talking charge for that group because I was with king and we’re a group and I should have gave him the chance to speak, he did thought but not as much as me. then we took them to what seemed the most exciting part of the tour which was the band room and I could see that the seemed very excited because the band really played good I’ll give them credit for that. Then we took them back and it was back to the café and it was shanice’s turn I took jolenes period 2 because she wasn’t there yet and I would say to make a change like that just out of no where, it was good. Then we did our periods dance, I liked period 4’s dance but I herd them laughing and I was like omg did they mess up, then it was my turn, it was so fun just proforming in front of them, we also did our dress code at this time with the final questions. This was a very good orientation compared to last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment